Sweet things to say to your girlfriend when she’s sick is a list that’s long overdue.
If you’re down for your girlfriend, then that means that you’re by her side through thick and thin.
One of the times when she needs you the most is when she’s feeling sick.
Whether it’s a cold or something more serious, it helps to know that she has someone by her side to lean on when she’s at her lowest.
Although your actions during this time will speak volumes more than your words, it’s always a good idea to remind her that you’re there for her no matter how she feels.
As such, we want to provide you with a list of sweet things to say when she’s sick so that she’ll know that everything will be all right.
Since there are varying degrees of sickness, we have split this list into several categories.
It’s different saying how much you care for her when she just has the sniffles than when she’s in the hospital, so it’s imperative that your sentiments reflect that.
Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend When She’s Sick
When She’s Mildly Sick (Cold, Cough, etc.)
During this time, you want her to forget about how crappy she feels and focus on the positive things in life.
Make her laugh and get her mind off of the sickness.
These lines are a blend of goofy and sweet.
- I know I said your love was contagious, but this is something else.
- Everytime you sneeze, I’ll be the one handing you a tissue. With a pair of tongs ten feet away.
- During this trying time, I want you to know that I’m here for you. I would be there for you, but I don’t want to get sick right now.
- Seeing you like this reminds of how beautiful you are.
- I’ll be there to cuddle up next to you and keep you warm all night. Just don’t sneeze on me.
- I think you need to take two pills of my Ty-Love-Nol and see how you feel in the morning.
- I can’t wait to shower you with kisses. How long does a cold last, anyway?
- My love for you is stronger than any virus, but you’re not that contagious, are you?
- Whenever you’re sick, I’ll be the one bringing you hot soup and making you warm and comfortable.
- My love for you is more contagious than that cold you’re carrying. If my love were a germ, it would be a superbug.
- I guess you haven’t been eating a lot of apples lately, huh?
When She’s Really Sick (Nausea, Chronic Pain, etc.)
Many women can get derailed by a serious illness that can make them feel worse than any cold or flu.
If your girlfriend is clinging to death (so to speak), then now is the time you want to provide strength and support.
As such, cheesiness and jokes are not really necessary at this time – the smiles you want to bring to her face should be more genuine than a cheap laugh.
However, that being said, making her laugh is a good way to help her feel a bit better.
- I will be here to help you through whatever you’re going through.
- What can I do for you that will help you out?
- I hate seeing you like this, but it makes me realize how much I love you.
- I promise to be by your side, no matter how bad you’re feeling.
- I wish that I could make the pain and sickness go away.
- I know that things really suck right now, but I want you to know that I love you.
- I wish you a speedy recovery, and I pray for your health and happiness.
- I will do whatever it takes to help you feel better.
- I know that I can’t make the sickness go away, but I’ll try to make it less painful for you.
- Even when you’re sick and throwing up, you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever met.
- In sickness or health, I will always be there for you.
- If you need medicine, I’ll bring it to you. If you need to see the doctor, I will take you. Your comfort and health are my priority.
When She’s in the Hospital
There are many reasons why your girlfriend might have to be admitted.
Perhaps she has to have surgery, or maybe she’s suffering from some affliction that requires immediate medical attention.
No matter what the situation is, now is when she needs you the most.
Although other people like friends and family will be there for her, you should show as much support as possible.
Feel free to write these sentiments on a card and bring flowers to brighten up her room. Anything to make her smile when she’s feeling her worst.
- You are one of the strongest people I know. You’ll get through this and be even stronger.
- I always wondered how I’d feel if our relationship was tested this way, and I can say that my love for you is only getting deeper.
- Is there anything I can bring for you in the hospital? I know that my sexy mug will be a treat, but is there anything else?
- I miss holding you in my arms, but I know that I will be able to do it soon enough.
- You’re one of the only people I know that can make a hospital gown look sexy.
- Even though I could spend my time anywhere else, I’d rather be here with you.
- Knowing that you’re in a hospital bed makes me sad. I can’t wait until I can snuggle up with you on the couch and watch our favorite show.
- Even when you’re feeling miserable, you’re still the highlight of my day.
- No matter what happens, I will be by your side.
- I’m thankful that I can be with someone as strong and as resilient as you.
- I hate to see your smile fade because of your sickness. I’ll do whatever I can to bring it back.
- I wish I could manage the pain for you, but I know that you can handle it like the boss that you are.
You might also like to read Cute Things to Say to Make Her Day.
Subscribe to Email Updates
Receive my free eBook The Ultimate Guide to Talking to Girls when you subscribe for email updates. Don't miss a post.