So last night you met this girl who was beautiful, funny, and engaging. Best of all, you somehow managed to get her number. You’ve made a connection and your confidence is riding high but where do you go from here? What are you going to text after you get her number? You don’t want to seem too clingy or forward, so what’s your next move?
Well, if you’re anything like us, you want to test the waters by sending a cute text to her the next day to see if she’s still digging you or if it was the alcohol and environment talking.
In case you’re a little awkward with texts, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here are thirty-five text ideas that will not only make her smile but help you continue the momentum you started last night.
Do’s and Dont’s of Texting
A lot of the problems with texting come from context. Because you are writing a message, the recipient may not always take things the way that you intend. Inflection, tone, and body language are all crucial to ensure that your message is received properly, so you don’t want to make your texts too vague or forceful. Here are some guidelines you should follow.
Don’t text too often.
It will make you seem desperate and clingy. If she doesn’t respond right away, don’t take that as a sign she’s not interested. It’s not like she’s waiting next to the phone for you to contact her. She has a life.
Use Emojis and smiley faces.
Don’t overload your messages with these as they can feel too impersonal, but make sure that they are imparting the necessary context you need so you don’t sound too rude or forward. This is especially important when being sarcastic.
Don’t talk too much.
If you have a lot to say, call instead. This shows that you’re more willing to bond with her and it prevents her from having to focus on responding to you over and over again. Keep it simple and light and focus your attention on seeing her again.
Finally, make your intentions clear.
If you want to date this girl, let her know after breaking the ice. If she’s more of a fling, then don’t lead her on. Make sure that she knows what she’s getting into unless you want to be a douche.
Text Ideas for After You Get Her Number
Based on how you got her phone number and what you might have talked about will determine which of the texts below would work the best. Be sure to view these as just ideas and feel free to put your own touch as you see fit.
And so, without further ado, here are 35 cute things to text after you get her number:
- Good Morning, I hope you have a great day!
- It was so great meeting you the other day [last night]. I can’t stop thinking about you.
- I hope I don’t sound too forward, but you are driving me crazy (in a good way)
- How is your day going?
- I fell asleep thinking about your smile, it’s so infectious.
- You make me feel giddy with excitement.
- What is your ideal date like? Mine is just being next to you.
- This may sound weird, but I can’t stop thinking about your smile. When can I see it again?
- I know I just met you, but I have to tell you this already — I’m in love with Star Wars. I hope you feel the same way.
- Hey, I put your number as ‘Angel sent from heaven,’ but no name. Can you remind me what it is?
- I hope you’re killing it today. At least, more than I’m sure you usually do, that is.
- Do you have any plans for the weekend? Would you like some?
- I have tickets to [x] coming up, are you interested in going?
- Can you keep a secret? I met this gorgeous girl named [her name], but I don’t know what to do!
- I think you’re totally amazing.
- I thought of you today, and it made me smile.
- You’re a really special girl, and I just wanted to let you know how lucky I feel to have met you.
- You’ve been on my mind all day. When can we see each other again?
- What kind of dinner do you like most?
- Are you hungry? I know this cool place that I’ve been wanting to try.
- What kind of music do you like?
- I have this party that I’m going to soon, would you be interested in going?
- I feel like I barely got to know you yesterday. If you’re interested, I’d love to meet up so I can find out more about you.
- You are really someone that I’d like to get to know better, and no that’s not a euphemism ;).
- Be honest, have you thought about me at all today?
- What is your dream vacation like?
- I have kind of a weird request. Would you be able to send me a picture of yourself? I want to get lost in your eyes again.
- Have you ever been to [x]? I’ve always wanted to go.
- I saw that [x] is happening this weekend. Would you like to come with me?
- I dreamed that I met this gorgeous girl last night, and today it turns out that dream came true!
- I just wanted to wish you a happy happy joy joy day. 🙂
- If you could spend the day doing anything, what would it be?
- Um, excuse me, but I believe you took my heart last night, can I get it back from you? 😉
- I normally don’t do this, but um…can you give me gift advice? It’s my sister’s birthday coming up, and I want to get her something special.
- If you could go dancing, eating, or star-gazing, how quickly would you answer ‘all three’?