For most people, there is nothing more awkward than a first date. Even if there is a lot of chemistry between you and your prospective new mate, the first outing together is fraught with pitfalls and situations that can be cringe-worthy at best. However, for some people, there is nothing smoother and more relatable than a first date as that’s when you can really get to know someone.
No matter what type of person you are, the date itself is important, but the way you react afterward can make or break your burgeoning relationship. Now is when things are both fragile and exciting, so you want to keep that momentum going while not sounding like you’re too eager to “seal the deal” and make it seem like that’s all you’re after.
So, with that in mind, we have a list of texts that are great ways to show your new girl how you feel while still maintaining the aura of chivalry and gentlemanly banter that attracted her to you in the first place.
Don’t worry. We’ve got your back.
What NOT To Do
Hopefully, the first date went off without a hitch, and both of you are eager for another one. Thankfully, you can now start to show a little more enthusiasm about your feelings, but you still want to take things one step at a time. After all, there’s no need to rush into things.
Ideally, at this stage, you will start to show her that you really care about her and want to see more of her, but don’t come across as clingy or needy. Also, don’t act like you’re “boyfriend and girlfriend” yet as that can make it seem like you’re committed already. Instead, you want to make sure to let her know how much the first date meant to you and set up another one ASAP.
Overall, don’t come on too strong and don’t get too needy with regards to how fast she texts you. Also, don’t start playing any games or following any rulebook as that will be a huge turn off for her.
So, without further ado, here are some great text ideas for after the first date that can get the right message across. Just use these in moderation, and you’ll be golden.
35 Cute Things to Text After the First Date:
- I can’t believe how magical tonight was.
- I’m still thinking about you.
- Good morning gorgeous. I hope you slept well. I was dreaming of you.
- You’re going to have a great day, I just know it!
- Last night I died and went to heaven. I know because there was an angel there.
- I’m so sad that our date had to end. When can I see you again?
- I can’t stop thinking about you.
- Last night felt like a dream, but I don’t want to wake up.
- I can’t wait to see you again.
- I hope you know that you made quite an impression on me.
- I can’t stop dreaming of your eyes and your smile.
- That was the best date I’ve had in a long time. I can’t wait for our next one.
- I know we just started going out, but you light up my life.
- When can I see you again? Tonight?
- You’re one amazing person, you know that?
- I felt a real connection with you last night. Did you feel it too?
- Girls like you are worth fighting for. I have my armor on.
- You’re one in a million, and I feel like I’ve won the lottery.
- Your lips felt so heavenly last night. It was like walking on clouds.
- Dude! I just had a date with the most incredible girl! Oh, sorry, that was meant for my friend lol.
- If I had three wishes, they would all be to see you again.
- Your smile lit up my world last night.
- If I had a million dollars, I would trade it for another night with you.
- I’m still in a daze from your energy. I can’t get enough of it.
- If being with you was like a drug I would need rehab ASAP.
- I woke up thinking about you this morning. That felt really great.
- I think you put a spell on me. I couldn’t sleep at all last night because I was thinking about you.
- I think this is the start of something special. Do you agree?
- I fell asleep thinking of you, and that felt amazing.
- If I could relive last night again, I would want to do it this coming Friday at 7 pm at [place]. That is if you were interested. 😉
- I know it’s too early to use the love word, but I loved that restaurant last night. There, I said it lol.
- I want to wake up thinking about you all the time.
- I’m still giddy from last night. You’re like a high that never comes down.
- I can’t stop smiling when I think about you.
- Last night was pretty special, but I think we can do better for our next date. How about [date idea]?
Subscribe to Email Updates
Receive my free eBook The Ultimate Guide to Talking to Girls when you subscribe for email updates. Don't miss a post.