For guys, coming up with the right thing to say to a girl can be both nerve-wracking and anxiety-inducing. Whether it’s a girl at a party or your job, you always want to make a good first impression. After all, you only get one of those. So, to help ensure that you nail your first encounter, we’ve compiled a list of one hundred cute things to say to a girl you have your eye on. We can’t guarantee that these will work all of the time, and be sure not to push it too hard if she spurns your advances, but these cute phrases should at least help you break the ice. Go get em, Champ.
20 Cute Things to Say to a Girl You Just Met
Your friend Phil is having yet another party. The usual things will be happening; beer drinking, music, and drunken dancing. You agree to go, but you figure you’ll duck out after a couple of drinks because hey, free booze. Then, you spot her.
She’s standing in the kitchen, looking like she doesn’t know anyone. Her friend is talking to another guy and now is your chance to move in. You’ve only been there a little while, but you know that you have to introduce yourself at least.
Here are twenty cute things to say to spark a conversation.
- Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but what kind of music do you like?
- I haven’t had anything to drink yet, but I’m already feeling flushed.
- I haven’t seen a smile that gorgeous in my life.
- Your eyes are as intoxicating as this drink.
- Are you always this adorable? Or only at parties?
- So, where do you work? I mean, besides the dream factory, of course.
- If I ask you to dance, will you promise not to make fun of me on the dance floor?
- If looks could kill, I’d be-*fakes death*
- You look enchanting, like a wood nymph in a magical forest. I’m an English nerd, by the way.
- I may be a terrible dancer, but with you, I feel like I could fly.
- We should exchange numbers in case one of us loses our phone at this party. I’m kind of a flake sometimes.
- Quick, finish this sentence: “my favorite franchise is Star-”
- They say that martinis are better when you shake them, but I have to say that I prefer to drink them instead.
- You look hungry, can I get you some food?
- What are you drinking? I think I’ll have that, too.
- They say Hennything is possible, but I only deal in Absolut.
- Would you like to dance? I promise I won’t embarrass you too much.
- I’m really digging this party, but I’m digging you even more.
- If I had known I would meet you here, I would have worn a tie.
- You look lovely this evening, although I have to imagine you do every evening.
20 Cute Things to Say to a Girl at the Gym
You’ve been coming to workout for several weeks now, and she’s always there. You first noticed her on the treadmill, and you haven’t been able to keep your eyes off of her since. She sometimes glances your way, but you’re too self-conscious to make eye contact.
What if she thinks you’re a weirdo? Everyone knows you don’t hit on girls at the gym, right? Well, as long as you aren’t a creep about it, you might have more of a shot than you might think.
Here are twenty cute things to say to make yourself known without being a creeper.
- Wow, that looks hard. I feel like I would collapse on the ground after a workout like that.
- Your form is so excellent. What is your secret?
- I love that brand you’re wearing. Where did you get your workout clothes?
- Pardon me, but do you think I can squeeze in a set while you’re on the machine? I promise I’ll set it back when I’m done. You lift more than me anyway.
- Excuse me, but I’m having a hard time with this machine. Can you help me out?
- Hi, I’m [name], I just wanted to say that I think you’ve got some amazing fitness skills.
- Hey, I’m going to ride up Mount Everest, care to join me?
- Race to the top of the mountain?
- Excuse me, I have an extra water, and you look thirsty. Would you like a drink?
- I have a question, do you use any products or powders to get those gains?
- You have some amazing routines, if you don’t mind, could you show me a few of your techniques?
- Excuse me miss, but I’m going to have to ask you to leave, you’re making the rest of us look bad *wink*.
- Hey, great job in that spin class, you’re an incredible athlete.
- Pardon me; I have something of a weird question. My sister is looking to start working out. Where did you get those clothes?
- I noticed that you’ve got some great definition in your legs. Do you mind me asking what workouts you do for that? I’m trying to get mine in shape.
- I’m about to go to the rock wall, and my spotter never showed up. Would you care to spot me?
- I’m trying to get some more definition in my arms, would you know any workouts I could try?
- Hey, I noticed you tearing up the treadmill earlier. I just wanted to say you got some mad skills, girl.
- I saw you taking that Zumba class the other day. Do you think that’s a good workout? Because I’ve been dying to shake my moneymaker and I figure I might as well burn calories while doing it, right?
- I don’t normally do this, but can I ask you a personal question? What kind of protein powder do you use?
20 Cute Things to Say to a Girl You Work With
You noticed her on your first day on the job, and you’ve been waiting for your moment to talk to her. She works nearby, but you never seem to catch her alone. She’s always with her team or talking on the phone.
Now, today, you go to the break room, and she’s there, sipping a cup of coffee and lazily reading a magazine. You don’t know when you’ll get another chance, so here goes nothing.
- Hey, so the vending machine gave me an extra bag of cookies. Would you like some?
- I noticed your team is ahead of schedule. Do you think you can help my team get some fire under their butts?
- You look like a trustworthy person. Can I tell you a secret? I’ve been stealing pens from the office. But don’t tell anyone, okay?
- Your outfit looks really great today.
- You’re still here? I thought you’d be running the place by now.
- If the boss asks, I already filed my TPS reports, okay?
- You’ve been working here a while, do you know when they start handing out corner offices? Because I want one.
- Are you busy for lunch? I don’t like to eat by myself.
- Hi, I’m [name], I don’t believe we’ve met, what’s your name?
- I heard that there was a new office memo going around, do you know what it’s about?
- Your hair looks really nice today.
- So you’re the one who’s been stealing all of the magazines…I should’ve known *wink*.
- Do you think anyone will notice if I spend the rest of the day in here?
- I have a question; if I complain about work to my friends, do you think I can bill it as overtime pay?
- Any plans for the weekend?
- Do you think they’ll let me dress up in a costume for flag day? It’s just around the corner, and my outfit is almost ready.
- Do you know how casual “casual Fridays” are? Like is it so casual that I don’t have to be here?
- Do you think that it still counts as a sick day if it’s my dog that’s sick?
- Hey, are you going to that office party coming up? Because if you’re going to be there, then I’ll definitely make an appearance. You seem pretty cool.
- How’s the day going so far? Surviving it at least?
20 Cute Things to Say to a Girl on a Date
After finally working up the nerve to ask this girl out, she said yes! Now comes the hard part, the first date. You want to get to know her, but you don’t want to move too fast. The point of a first date is to be interesting, but not too chatty.
Above all, however, don’t let there be a lull in the conversation. Silence is a death knell for any new relationship, and seconds can feel like an eternity having your skin shaved off.
Here are some cute things to say to keep that conversation going.
- What’s your family like?
- If you had a favorite book or movie that you could live in, what would it be?
- Where would you like to travel to the most?
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What is your dream career?
- If you could be married to anyone, who would it be?
- Which historical figure would you want to meet the most?
- If you could win a Pulitzer, a Nobel prize, or an Oscar, which would you choose?
- What kind of toppings do you put on your hot dog?
- Do pineapples go on pizza? Explain your answer.
- Are dogs better than cats? Or vice versa?
- Deserted island, cabin in the mountains, or penthouse suite in New York?
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to do?
- If you could travel in time, would you go to the future or the past?
- What superpower would you want to have?
- If I asked you out again, would you say yes?
(And after the date, here’s what to text her…)
20 Cute Things to Say to a Girl in Line
You’re both waiting for your morning coffee, and today seems like it’s busier than usual. She’s standing in front of you, and she looks like she needs a tall cup of joe, stat. You’ve seen her at the store before, but you never thought to talk to her because it would seem too forward.
Now, however, is the perfect chance while you wait for an elderly lady try to pick out one of these newfangled coffee drinks. You have a few minutes, at least. Here’s how to get her attention.
- Your perfume smells amazing, what is it?
- You look like a busy person, what do you do?
- Why is there always a line when I’m running late? You ever have that problem too?
- You look like a morning person. What’s your secret?
- That outfit looks really fabulous on you.
- I’m thinking of robbing this place. If I do, then I need an accomplice. You in?
- I’m looking for a new coffee order to shake things up. What kind do you get?
- Do you think if I tell them it’s my half birthday, they’ll give me half a cup for free?
- Do you work around here?
- Would it be terribly forward if I paid for your drink? I’m trying to do a nice deed every day.
- Hey, can you do me a favor? I need two more cups to get my free coffee, so can we order together so I can get both of them this time?
- Do you have any recommendations for this place?
- Excuse me, I have a gift card I’m trying to use up. Would you mind if I paid for your drink?
- Do you ever feel like you’re still dreaming when you come here? I feel like you’re not even real right now.
- At this rate, I could’ve made coffee at home and had it delivered.
- Your hair looks gorgeous.
- If you hear me snoring, would you mind waking me up? I don’t want to lose my spot in line.
- I didn’t know that supermodels came to this coffee shop.
- Do you have change for a five? I’m trying to leave a fat tip.
- Pardon me, but I’m having a hard time deciding today. Should I get the espresso or the Americano?
Now that you have all of these conversation starters go forth and spread the word. The key strategy here is to treat every lady as a person, not a conquest. Don’t automatically assume that she is single or interested, but instead cast a wide net of platonic meetings and see if anyone bites. You never know who you might find in the end.